Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy birthday to me....


Well, I am getting older every year, but realizing it isn't always bad to have another year under my belt. This year was so fun, not just because it was about me and I had my first surprise party, but because it was a blast watching Colton get so excited. He and Brad went shopping the night before and he got me a balloon and couldn't wait till the next day (my actual b-day). He gave it to me early and told me I was going to love his present. Well, it was batteries, but I have to tell the story behind it. He told Brad Wed. evening before they left I have the perfect present for mom. He had told me that for my birthday from him that I could take pictures of him and he would be nice about it. (Can you tell I am always asking to take pictures.) Anyway, him and Brad went shopping and for the first year, I had no idea what I was getting because Colton actually kept it a secret. (A sign he's growing up!: ( ) SO, when Brad got home Thursday evening, Colton brings me my bag and says happy birthday again and I loved every single time too. I opened it and he had picked out batteries. Brad said he told him that since I was going to be taking lots of pictures of him I was going to need lots of batteries for it. I thought that was so thoughtful and for a 5 year old so observant also. I have to say it was a VERY meaningful gift.


That evening I thought we were going out to eat with some friends and was being kind of selfish because we had plans figured out and another friend called and basically changed the plans and then told me to meet at her house also. I don't know how many times I told Brad and everybody else, It's my birthday and I am not even getting to choose what time or where we eat because at this moment I don't even know where we are eating. Anyway, Brad never says a thing, and so typical of him. We have to go by Wal-mart and he is taking his time and I am starting to get frustrated because I am starving, but this is also so typical of Brad, very laid back and in no hurry so I am still not expecting anything. We get to Shellie's and I knock, the door opens, and everybody screams. The first thing I see is a bunch of kids and realize, I didn't know they were going to be here. I start looking around the corner and there are alot of people. I don't like being the center of attention, but it was kind of nice for once. : ) I felt very special and loved! Thanks to my husband, Jennifer, Kevin, Shellie, and Brian (and lots of others I am sure) for planning for 3 weeks and me having NO clue! I always thought I would know if it was to happen, but not his time. My birthday was very special this year and hopefully here's to many more.....

No comments: