Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Took it too far...

I have to tell a funny story. For one, Brad and I do not put up with talking back. It's part of Colton growing I know, but when he does he gets in trouble, but sometimes I have to laugh. That said, on Sunday afternoon he was helping Brad work on the fence and came in from outside. I was sitting at the computer which happens quite often and I don't remember what he was upset with me for, but he snapped back at me like he never has before and I looked at him and said something along the lines of no sir, you will not talk to me like that. If you want something than ask nicely and I will do what I can, but you will not talk to me like that and get by with it. I know he raised his voice, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Anyway, his response is what got me.....in a sweet voice he turned around and looked at me and said, " uh oh, I think I might of taken that one a little too far. " I looked at him and said, "yeah, I think you did" with a huge smile on my face because I couldn't help it. (It totally threw me off when he said that.) He said, "yes mam" and walked off, but I sat here laughing quietly of course because I didn't want him to know it was so funny. Colton has always been a kid that never misses anything, but he cracked me up with this response and if I could only say it like he said it through this text it would make it even better. Kids say the funniest things sometimes and I needed that.

No comments: