Tuesday, July 22, 2008

LIFE

Well, today I went to a funeral this morning and I have to say I am thinking lots about life. This happens every time I go to one and I kind of think that's part of the reason we have them. We go to remember the person that has passed and give support to the family, but I think we also go and reflect. Reflect about how we need to better ourselves, what unfinished business do we have, and the fact that we need to show loved ones that we appreciate every minute we have with them. I hate funerals as I am sure most people do, but I am also thankful that I have the time to go and mourn the loss of someone I care about and reflect on what I need to change in my life to make it better. We get too comfortable in day to day stuff and forget that we aren't here on earth forever. I need a reminder and during a sad time I am glad I have that reminder to appreciate life and what I have been given.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda, As always, you said things I needed to hear today. I know that your amazing mom is so very proud as she watches everything you do each day. I love your photography; you have true gift! I miss you. Thanks for sharing yourself and inspiring people to do what is important. Colton is a lucky boy!

Love, Carol

Christina Conklin said...

So true! It's way too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day stuff that "seems" important. Thanks for the reminder to put it all into perspective.