Saturday, July 19, 2008

A loss of a mom




Well, where to start. I woke this morning to thinking today was going to be a great day and I am still determined to make it that way, but I got a text this morning from some dear friends that their mom passed away this morning. It truly crushed me. Not just because I feel the loss, but because I truly feel the loss. I know what it's like, I know what they are fixing to go through and I know the emotions that they feel. I know the pain of not having your mom to comfort you in every meaning of the word and I also know that my friends kids will never know how much Leanne loved them as a grandma and how special she was to so many other people. From my stand point, Colton knows that my mom is Mimi and knows she meant the world to me and so many others, but he just doesn't get how truly special she was and I can't make him understand. My heart breaks today because I am reliving the loss of my mom and also living the loss of a special mom through friends as well. I would trade anything for them not to feel the pain of losing a mom and I know so many people have, but it still doesn't make it any easier. You hold onto memories that others don't understand, but it gets you through and 5 yrs later it still gets me through. Take today to tell those you love that they mean the world to you and hold those you love close because you never know what today or tomorrow brings. Treasure the time you have and take lots of pictures because you never have enough. There isn't a day that goes that I don't think how special it would be if mom was doing this, whatever this may be, with me and she is, but from a distance and I can only hope someday I'll see her again.

No comments: