Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today is a day of history.

I have tried all morning to get Colton to watch the inauguration, but he could care less. He just keeps saying it's all about Obama. Well, it is and it's also a day full of history and makes me proud to be an American. I was not a supporter of Obama, but I do hope that he does good for our country. Times are scary and we as a country need reassurance and if he can do that then I think that's great. It's so bittersweet for me. I have cried all morning and don't really know why. I just feel like it's such a big moment for so many people and history and it makes me emotional, but then what doesn't if you know me. Anyway, I just wanted to blog so I would have this in history that it's a special day to be an American no matter what your beliefs or whether you are a democrat or republican. Today I feel like we need unity and whatever it takes to get there I am for.

No comments: