Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Catching Santa Claus

Colton is too big for his age. He has been scheming for 2 weeks now on how he's going to catch Santa Claus this year. I keep telling him Santa doesn't come when you are awake so you'll never catch him. He's not buying one second of it. Last week his plan was to sleep on the couch because Tia(what he calls my sister) and Adam would be here so he would have to sleep there because Tia would have to sleep in his bed and Santa wouldn't know he was fake sleeping. I told him that wasn't going to happen. He would sleep in his room for Christmas Eve. Then, today he tells me out of the blue he has a plan for catching Santa. I ask him what it is and he responds, "I am going to use your tripod and set your camera up with a string attached to it and Santa will trip on the string and it will cause the camera to take a picture and then I'll have it. I will have caught him in the act." Are you kidding me? First of all, he's not using my camera, but second of all, is it just me or should a 5 yr old not be into this and scheming this much? I have my hands full for the future.

No comments: