Saturday, November 15, 2008

Last soccer game

Today was Colton's last soccer game for this year. I'll post the pictures later, but I was so proud of him. he played his heart out even thou they kept scoring and he scored 2 goals. But the best part about it is all season Brad and I have been trying to make him realize it doesn't matter how many you score it's that you got out there and played hard and had fun and if you win that's a plus. I know it will get more competitive as he gets older, but we wanted him to enjoy it now and not worry as much. Well he told me when we got home that some kid came up to him in the middle of the game and said we scored more goals than you and his response was I don't care. Then a few minutes later he came back and said mom you know when that kid told me that on the field what I really wanted to tell him (I held my breath here because I really didn't know what was coming next) was that I didn't care and that it's not about how many you score, but if you played hard and had fun. He really does listen!!!! Made me pretty proud.

No comments: